If chlamydia is not diagnosed timely and not treated properly, it can become a cause of serious health problems, such as:
- Inflammation of pelvic organs.
- Deterioration of sperm quality.
- Female and male infertility.
Chronic pelvic pain.
When genital infections are caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis, the oral dose is 1 g Azithromycin. In order to suppress the synthesis of bacterial proteins and cure a venereal disease, it is sufficient to take just one dose. Chlamydia infections also occur during pregnancy. Pregnancy is not a contraindication to Azithromycin, and a dose reduction or dosage adjustment are not required. Other antibiotics, like Doxycycline, may also be used to fight chlamydia. Still, such antibiotics are not as effective as Azithromycin is. These should be taken twice a day for 7 days, and not a single dose should be skipped. If you want to buy Azithromycin for chlamydia treatment, you will get both an effective and a safe antibiotic. Azithromycin causes side effects less often than other antibiotics suppressing the vital functions of Chlamydia trachomatis. Nevertheless, Azithromycin can cause serious side effects. However, the treatment of chlamydia requires running a 1-day treatment course, which reduces the risks of side effects. The list of Azithromycin side effects includes:
- Headache, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Abdominal pain, Backache.
- Azithromycin may alter the normal flora of the colon.
- It can cause constipation, flatulence and other unpleasant side effects.
- Most adverse reactions will be temporary and insignificant.
Azithromycin brings significant therapeutic benefits, and almost all patients with chlamydia can use this antibiotic.
Contraindications to Azithromycin use are:
- Some severe liver dysfunctions. Hypersensitivity to the drug or its ingredients.
If you want buy Azithromycin for chlamydia treatment, pharmacist will offer you:
- 250 mg or 500 mg tablets, capsules. 100mg/5ml or 200mg/5ml oral solution.
- Oral solution is usually prescribed to children for the treatment of other bacterial infections, included in the list of indications for Azithromycin. Azithromycin 600mg tablets are also available. However, their use does not allow measuring the dose of 1000 mg, required for the treatment of chlamydia.The price for Azithromycin may vary considerably, depending on: Number of pills in the package.
- Dose of the active ingredient in one tablet.The best option for saving money is to buy 2 Azithromycin 500mg tablets. The smallest package sizes (1 to 6 tablets) are not available in every pharmacy.